Sunday, December 23, 2007

Deckled Edge Bindery


Jen of Deckled Edge Bindery can't remember a time when she was not busy creating something. "As a child I always had papers, markers, glitter, etc. -- my love of creating has grown from there, she says.

"My obsession with beautiful papers first lead me to try book binding and I fell in love with it. I have been creating books for about a year now and the ideas keep coming so I keep creating. I am inspired everyday by the things I see and by my children who, without knowing it, bring me wonderful new ideas. My books are made with great care to be beautiful to look at and to touch. I hope you enjoy them as much as I enjoy making them. Their uses are limitless. Enjoy," she encourages her customers.

On the personal side, Jen grew up in Chicago and then lived in Saudi Arabia for two years. When she came back to the States her family moved to St. Louis where she lived before going to college in Columbia, Missouri. There, she majored in art history, which only furthered her love of "all thing art." She worked in an art museum for five years putting together exhibitions ("I actually got to touch the art. It was great," she says.)

Jen is a stay-at-home mom with two daughters -- her partners in crime. "Life is at its best when the three of us are all working together in the art room." She is happy to do custom orders, including guest books for weddings and scrapbooks for special events, and will work with you to develop a book to your liking

Etsy has permitted her to do something more public with her creativity -- "it's a perfect fit," she says."It has been one of the best things I have ever done. It does get a bit overwhelming at times but I enjoy it even at those times. It has been a real challenge and I'm thrilled to be here."

.

No comments: