Monday, December 24, 2007

DeLavande


DeLevande hails from Tennessee. She began making necklaces as a way of getting away from stress -- she would simply sit back on the couch, pop in a movie and bead necklaces. "To me this was heaven," she says. In the beginning, most of the necklaces were for her and her mom, but friends began to ask if she would make them something special for them. "Thats when it started -- so many people, some I didn't know -- were asking if I had any necklaces they could buy for a gift for a loved one."

Each necklace takes three to four hours to finish, and she has recently begun to make bracelets and earrings as well. The process involves design as well as beading itself -- going through all her beads to find the perfect ones. "I take my time and great care so that the necklace is a one of a kind with all the finest beads. I love working with lampwork beads and with natural stone and tend to keep with an earthy touch. I look out the window and in my own way try to recreate my favorite things from nature -- woods, lakes, caves, and gardens."

Stop by and visit her Etsy shop as well as her web site and her blog.

No comments: