|Images and materials copyright Stampin' Up!|
The Christopher Studio
Annual Christmas Card Workshop
Swirly Snowflakes Gingerbread Card Recipe
September 21, 2018
By L. Carol Christopher
Supplies and tools:
Tombow glue or any good repositionable adhesive, Stampin’ Dimensionals
Card stock: Soft Suede, Early Espresso, Very Vanilla
Inkpad: Soft Suede, Sahara Sand
Stamp set: Perfect Pines
Embellishments: Basic Pearls
Tools: Swirly Snowflakes thinlits, Tailored Tag punch, paper snips, Cable Knit Dynamic Textured Embossing Folder,
Markers: Crumb Cake Dark Stampin’ Blends
Soft Suede (card base): 5 ½” x 8 ½”, 4 x 5 ½”, scrap for sentiment
Early Espresso: 5 1/8” x 3 7/8”
Very Vanilla: 2 ½” x 5”, 3 ¾” x 5”, scrap for sentiment
1. Score large piece of Soft Suede at 4 ¼” to create card base.
2. Emboss large Very Vanilla panel with embossing folder. I inked the embossing folder with Sahara Sand first to enhance its dimensions. Hint: Don’t forget to lightly spritz your paper first, and remember this is a different Big Shot sandwich.
3. Adhere panel to Early Espresso using tape runner or liquid glue. Adhere assembly to card base.
4. Die cut snowflakes from remaining Very Vanilla strip. HINT: Adhere die to card stock with washi tape to keep it from shifting.
5. Die cut snowflake backdrop from remaining strip of Soft Suede.
6. Adhere snowflakes to Soft Suede die cut using liquid glue.
7. Adhere assembly to card using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
8. Color tiny pearls with Stampin’ Blends and adhere to center of snowflakes.
9. Stamp sentiment with Soft Suede and punch. Punch label from Soft Suede and cut in half horizontally. Adhere to back of sentiment.
10. Adhere sentiment assembly to front of card as shown using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
VOILA! You’ve created another awesome Stampin’ Up! project!