Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Did It Myself/happi commi press


Erin, named after the Walton on "The Waltons" TV series, runs Did It Myself/happi commi press on Etsy when she's not busy working as an extra and stand-in on TV and in the movies. It's a great job, she says, because there is a lot of down time when she gets to craft at work. Her shop is an imaginative, charming nod to the 40s, 50s and 60s with a funky flare, while remaining unique. There is a little something for the whole family, she says.

Says Erin, "I was born in a building in Hollywood, CA that is currently occupied by an infamous coo-coo cult and still reside in the Los Angeles area. I'm one of the very few people who can claim they are a native of Los Angeles." Her interests include wallpaper design, photography, screen-printing, knitting, making jewelry, graphic design, cross-stitch, Chairman Mao and collecting odd things. "I try to incorporated at least one of these things in in my daily life."

Her first recollection of creative crafting goes back to when she was only seven, when she found violin parts discarded by her father's friend and promptly made a necklace of them. The thing she's most proud of making, however, is a purse made of chopsticks and kitchen twine. She doesn't need anything special to be inspired -- "I see things that I like and go 'ooo, I can make that.'" Erin likes creating things since the process itself makes her happy. "It also makes me happy to see somebody else enjoying something that I have created," she says. So what are you waiting for? Go visit her shop.

1 comment:

whimsicalpam said...

I love your features, so well written and informative.
I posted my first Spring Showcase feature today, stop by and let me know what you think - I value your opinion! You're next - so you better correct me now:)