Saturday, January 12, 2008

pumpkin sputnik



Ever since I was a little girl I knew I wanted to go to art school, says Emma of pumpkinsputnik. "I never wanted to do anything else - I just loved to draw." At art school that passion turned to jewelry design as well as computer graphics. She has since combined the latter with an interest in photography and turned the combination toward making simply beautiful notebooks and stationery. "I love notebooks and usually have about three on the go for different things."

Winter and autumn are the times of the year when she's most inspired by nature and the shapes and silhouettes of trees and flowers, and the colours. "Whenever we go out walking in Scotland," says this Glasgow-based artist,"I'll take my camera - I usually get left miles behind my husband and children because I'm taking photos of trees!"

No comments: