Sunday, August 12, 2007

My treasury


Last night, just as I was about to sign off for the day, I became the curator of my Etsy treasury. For the uninitiated, a treasury is a collection of images collected from other shops, usually following a theme of the curator's choice. My theme is Rainbows and peace. Here's a link if you'd like to see: http://www.etsy.com/treasury_list.php?room_id=5780
I also started making little origami boxes and ended up with eight of them. I thought about selling them, but the other sellers on Etsy sell them at such a low price that I'm not sure it would be reasonable. On the other hand, I will probably make dozens, and there are only so many you can give to friends. I'm trying out different types of coatings to render them more permanent; so far I've only tried Golden's Heavy Gel medium. It's not at all tacky (as in sticky) but neither does it give a kind the kind of rigidity I'm seeking. More later, I guess.

No comments: