Sunday, October 3, 2010

Autumn days

I'm part of the Etsy Bloggers team, and we have a "blog carnival" where someone poses a theme, and then all of us respond to it in our blogs. This month the theme is things we like to do in autumn. I don't have special rituals, partly, probably, because I don't have children in the house to celebrate Halloween. But there's an art and wine festival me and my new DH like to go to, and it's also a great time to garden. I like to separate bulbs and replant them, and put in new bulbs just waiting through winter for spring. I'll see if I can find some photos to show you what my garden will have in it in the spring.

Well, that didn't work too well. But I'll have agapanthus and daffodils, and it will be marvelous.

2 comments:

Yolanda M. said...

I don't think I have ever planted bulbs, and there are a lot of plants that I like that are from bulbs. Ranunculus being the favorite ones. Maybe some day. Looking forward to your garden next spring.

QuirkynBerkeley said...

Ranunculus is my favorite, too (well, along with icelandic poppies). I wanted them to be in my wedding bouquet, but they were out of season.